Acetal Thermoplastic Injection Molding Services
Acetal plastic is an engineering-grade thermoplastic with excellent dimensional stability and a low coefficient of friction against other materials. This engineering-grade resin is often used to manufacture parts you would typically make from metal due to its high strength. Resistance to chemicals and organic solvents and the availability of FDA-approved grades make Acetal resin an excellent choice for medical, food and beverage, industrial, and automotive parts manufacturing.
As a strong and versatile material, acetal resin injection molding services are suitable for creating parts ranging from bushings and seat belt components to coffee spigots and watch gears.
Advantages of using Acetal resin for plastic injection molding include:
- Great strength, toughness, and rigidity
- Excellent creep, moisture, and fatigue resistance
- Low moisture absorption
- Good electrical properties
- Excellent wear in wet and dry environments
- FDA-approved grades available
Acetal Plastic Injection Molding Services
Great machinability makes Acetal plastic ideal for parts requiring complex or tight tolerances. We handle all stages of your Acetal thermoplastic injection molding project in-house and offer secondary services like ultrasonic welding and assembly to finish your design. Our strong commitment to quality ensures results that meet or exceed your expectations.
- Custom Acetal Plastic Injection Molding: We offer in-house design and engineering services to produce custom, close tolerance Acetal plastic parts and products.
- 2-Shot Acetal Resin Injection Molding: Create a single finished product using Acetal and another compatible resin. This process creates a molecular bond between the two resins to prevent separation after removal from the mold.
- Acetal Overmolding: We use this process to mold Acetal resin onto an existing metal or plastic part. Applications include creating two-tone products and adding textured features to parts.
- Custom Injection Mold Building: We use computer-aided design (CAD) and other technologies to design and build custom molds and rapid prototypes. Our molding shop has over 30 years of combined experience and takes extra steps to ensure your mold design matches your specifications exactly.
- EMI & RFI Shielding
- Acetal In-Mold Decorating & In-Mold Labeling
- Acetal Plastic Part Assemblies & Sub-Assemblies
- Tool Building
Acetal Resin Grades for Plastic Injection Molding
Acetal resin falls under either the homopolymer or copolymer category. While all Acetal plastics exhibit similar qualities, there are specific benefits to each option depending on your application. Our experts will review your design and application requirements to decide which grade is best for your Acetal injection molding manufacturing request.
- Homopolymer Acetal Plastic (Delrin®): This acetal resin exhibits excellent strength, stiffness, and toughness at room temperature. High impact resistance and a wide operating temperature range of -40˚F to 248˚F (-40°C to 120°C) present to opportunity for use in consumer, medical, and industrial Acetal plastic injection molding applications.
- Copolymer Acetal Resin: This FDA-approved plastic has less porosity than homopolymer resin and is often used in food contact or pharmaceutical applications. The material also suitable for wet or dry high temperature environments.
Contact Us to Discuss Your Acetal Plastic Design
HiTech Plastics & Molds makes quality and customer satisfaction a priority. We handle your Acetal thermoplastic injection molding project from start to finish and have the expertise to help you find the best solution for your application. Browse past projects to see examples of our work or contact us to discuss your design.