PEEK Thermoplastic Injection Molding Services
PEEK plastic is an engineering-grade material with high temperature and chemical resistance. These properties, along with being lightweight and exhibiting high tensile and flexural strength, make PEEK resin ideal for medical, aerospace, and other industries requiring high-performance materials.
High temperature and chemical resistance make PEEK plastic well-suited for manufacturing medical instruments and devices that must withstand autoclave or chemical sanitation processes. These properties are also ideal for bearings, pumps, piston parts, and other components exposed to high heat and moisture. The material also resists radiation for use in or around radiation therapy equipment and is compatible with ultra-high vacuum applications.
Benefits of Using PEEK for Plastic Injection Molding Include:
- Long wear and abrasion resistance
- High mechanical and physical stress tolerance
- Low water absorption and hydrolysis resistant
- Excellent stress crack, creep, and fatigue resistance
- Superior strength-to-weight ratio
- Excellent electrical properties
- Exceptional creep, fatigue, and crack resistance
PEEK Injecting Molding Services
HiTech Plastics and Molds operates a quality-focused PEEK injection molding manufacturing facility equipped to handle projects of all sizes and quantities. Our PEEK plastic injection molding services handle your project from start to finish, including in-house design and engineering, and secondary services like surface plating and welding. Available PEEK thermoplastic injection molding services include:
- Custom PEEK Injection Molding: We use our injection mold manufacturing expertise to create close-tolerance parts and assemblies from PEEK resin and other high-performance materials.
- 2-Shot PEEK Plastic Injection Molding: Create a single finished product using two different resins. This complex yet efficient process creates a molecular bond that prevents PEEK and the second resin from separating.
- PEEK Overmolding: We use this process to mold PEEK resin on metal or other substrates, creating two-tone products or adding grip features to tools and instruments.
- Custom Mold Building: Our molding shop has over 30 years of combined experience in plastic injection molding, and uses computer aided design (CAD),simulations, and other technologies to design and build successful molds. In addition, when needed, we use rapid prototyping to help ensure that the final mold design produces exactly what the customer expects.
- EMI & RFI Shielding
- PEEK In-Mold Decorating & In-Mold Labeling
- PEEK Plastic Part Assemblies & Sub-Assemblies
- Tool Building
PEEK plastic exhibits numerous superior qualities and is dimensionally stable and easy to machine. With the understanding that each application is unique, we offer different PEEK resin options to match your specifications and performance requirements.
- Unfilled PEEK Resin: The most common grade used, with a UL 94V-0 rating and FDA approval for food contact. Unfilled PEEK has very high purity and the best fatigue resistance of all PEEK grades.
- Glass-Filled PEEK Resin: This grade has 30% glass fiber mixed in to improve strength and stiffness and increase temperature resistance up to 300˚F (150˚C).
- Carbon-Filled PEEK Resin: The addition of carbon provides enhanced strength and stiffness, superior wear resistance and load carrying capabilities, higher thermal conductivity, and improved heat dissipation.
- PTFE-Filled PEEK Resin: This food-safe PEEK plastic has 10% PTFE added, creating low friction characteristics and excellent sliding and wear properties.
Contact Us to Discuss PEEK Injection Molding Service Options
HiTech Plastics & Molds is committed to quality and customer satisfaction. We have the expertise to problem-solve design challenges and help you find the best solution for your project. Browse our case studies for project examples or contact us to learn more about our PEEK resin injection molding manufacturing capabilities.