Polypropylene Thermoplastic Injection Molding
Polypropylene (PP) is a tough and rigid thermoplastic polymer commonly used in general-purpose applications. A semi-crystalline structure creates high flexural strength and resistance to a broad range of chemicals and acids enables use in a variety of products.
Advantages of polypropylene injection molding include:
- Good chemical resistance
- High flexural strength
- Good fatigue resistance
- Low coefficient of friction
- Good heat resistance up to 180°F (82.2°C)
- High moisture resistance
- Good insulative properties
Polypropylene Plastic Injection Molding Services
HiTech Plastics & Molds uses polypropylene for injection molding projects of all sizes and quantities. We are dedicated to quality in workmanship and providing thermoplastic injection molding at competitive process. With in-house design and engineering capabilities and secondary machining services, we can handle your project from start to finish.
- Custom Polypropylene Resin Injection Molding: We have the expertise to handle complex and close tolerance requests and produce parts in a wide range of part geometries. Our team works to understand your needs and goes above and beyond to make exceptional custom injection molded parts.
- 2-Shot Polypropylene Plastic Injection Molding Services: Combine polypropylene resin with a second thermoplastic material to create a single finished product. The 2-shot molding process creates a molecular bond that prevents the two resins from separating.
- Polypropylene Overmolding Services: This thermoplastic injection molding process adds textured grips and other features to metal and hard plastics.
- Custom Injection Mold Building: Our engineering team uses computer-aided design (CAD) technology to create custom molds to your specifications. Rapid prototyping helps us ensure that the final design produces products that meet or exceed your expectations.
- EMI & RFI Shielding
- Polypropylene In-Mold Decorating & In-Mold Labeling
- Polypropylene Plastic Part Assemblies & Sub-Assemblies
- Tool Building
Polypropylene Resin Options
Polypropylene resins are naturally opaque, but clear grades are available. Every application has different needs. Our thermoplastic injection molding experts can help you decide which polypropylene resin grade is best for your application.
- Polypropylene Homopolymers: This general-purpose polypropylene grade has a high melting point and exhibits excellent stiffness and high scratch resistance. Homopolymer PP also has strong environmental stress cracking resistance and can be used in applications requiring higher temperature resistance.
- Polypropylene Random Copolymers: The polypropylene resin is flexible and optically clear, making it an excellent choice for applications where aesthetics or transparency are important.
- Polypropylene Block Copolymers: A higher ethene content makes this grade tougher and less brittle than other PP copolymers. This resin is best for industrial and high-strength applications.
Examples of Polypropylene Products and Common Uses
Polypropylene plastic is a common material due to its versatility and great material properties. Some of the common uses include:
- Bottles and packaging
- Automotive and mechanical gears
- Pharmaceutical containers
- Medical vials
Contact Us for Polypropylene Injection Molding Manufacturing
HiTech Plastics & Molds is committed to quality and customer satisfaction. We have the expertise to problem-solve design challenges and help you find the best solution for your project. Contact us to learn more about our polypropylene resin injection molding capabilities.