Sustainability & Thermoplastic Injection Molding
Incorporating sustainable plastic materials and manufacturing processes is essential for any modern injection molding manufacturer. In addition to improving our own sustainability practices, the experts at HiTech Plastics and Molds are dedicated to being your complete resource for understanding and assessing your options for more sustainable injection molding.
Choosing the Best Plastic for Sustainable Injection Molding
Not all plastics are made equal. Each is suited to various applications, from commodity-grade plastic to meet commercial demands or engineering-grade materials to stand up to strict requirements. When it comes to selecting a sustainable plastic material, several classifications of plastic are available:
- Biopolymers and bioplastics derived from vegetable fats, oils, corn starch, and other biomass sources
- Compostable plastics capable of decomposition
- Biodegradable plastics made from plants, such as bamboo or sugarcane
- Recyclable thermoplastics with the capacity to be reclaimed, reprocessed, and returned to production to create a secondary product
If you are unsure which sustainable plastic is best for your injection molding application, we can help. As a top injection molding manufacturer, HiTech Plastics and Molds is uniquely positioned to find the best thermoplastic to meet your specifications.
Evaluating an Injection Molding Manufacturer’s Commitment to Sustainability
Using recyclable plastic is not always enough. When sustainability is a top concern, it is critical to consider a plastic manufacturer’s complete business model. Some of these considerations may include:
- Certifications. ISO 9001 certified plastic injection molding manufacturers must uphold specific universal quality procedures. These companies are more likely to have the capabilities and established processes to incorporate sustainable practices into existing injection molding services.
- Waste. Does the manufacturer work to minimize waste? What happens to the excess plastic that is generated during injection molding? Are they landfill-free or working to reduce their carbon footprint?
- Transportation of Materials. Does the manufacturer use imported or domestic materials? How much energy and fuel are used to transport plastics before and after production? What is the manufacturer’s overall carbon footprint?
- Utilized Technology. Sustainable technology has quickly evolved. Waste-minimizing technology, state-of-the-art machinery, and up-to-date manufacturing equipment can all impact the long-term sustainability of a thermoplastic injection molding operation.
Choose HiTech Plastics & Molds for Sustainable Injection Molding
HiTech Plastics and Molds is a leading ISO 9001 certified manufacturer of injection-molded plastic parts. Since we first opened our doors, we have been a USA-based plastic manufacturer, keeping engineering and manufacturing excellence and quality at the core of everything we do. Our leadership team holds over 150 years of combined industry experience, and we are continually working to refine, enhance, and improve the overall sustainability of our injection molding services through minimizing waste, maximizing US materials, and staying up-to-date on all certifications.
We have also made significant investments in top-of-the-line, energy-efficient thermoplastic injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment. By utilizing biodegradable and recyclable plastic, approximately half of our plastic products are environmentally sustainable. We aim to exponentially grow this percentage in the coming years.
To learn more about our thermoplastic injection molding capabilities and how we can support your business and production needs, view our featured parts and read our case studies to discover how we have assisted our past customers.
Thermoplastic Injection Molding for Any Industry
HiTech is committed to providing sustainable thermoplastic injection molding manufacturing services to any industry. Our vast experience and hands-on knowledge allow us to tailor your production to your specifications. We can meet any industrial requirement and have been the go-to plastic manufacturer for many industries, including: